Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25, 2013--By George, I think we've got it!

By "it" I mean this packing up and going thing.

The first time we traveled in our RV (about three years ago), it took us quite a while to pack up and get going. And even with that, we forgot some essential things, such as pillows. I didn't let that happen again; I took a set of pillows and installed them as permanent fixtures  in the bedroom.

We also quickly learned that it would be best to let the RV have its own coffee pot, dishes, pots and pans, silverware, etc. Junior even has its own iron! (Not that it has been out of the box yet, but you never know.)

Our latest permanently installed items are two new litter boxes. Now we don't have to transport them every time we want to travel.

I think my goal is to duplicate everything in my house that I could possibly need on a trip. It would be great if we could each have an RV wardrobe so that we wouldn't have to pack clothes, but I don't think that will happen. However, because we have duplicated many of our basic needs (from sheets to toilet paper), when we took off this morning, we only had to pack perishable foods and the cats. Forty-five minutes after getting up, we were on the way to Junior. And 90 minutes after arising, we were on the road. (It should be apparent to you that we did not have any lost-cat problems this trip. In fact, they came almost willingly. Almost, not quite:>)

Like I said, I've think we've got it!

Until later,

Your Reluctant RoVer,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back home again...

Rob and I hit the road about 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 15. The movers were incredible: They had everything loaded into the huge moving tru...